I am a professionally qualified Counsellor and an Accredited and Registered Member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy). This means that you can trust that I work in accordance with the BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions.
As an Accredited BACP Member I am required to keep to a high standard of on-going training and development and attend monthly clinical supervision to ensure I provide all my clients with an ethical and safe professional service.
Whilst I have particular expertise supporting young adults in areas including relationships, identity and sense of self, I am experienced in supporting a diverse client body around a wide variety of topics including depression, childhood trauma, anxiety and self harming behaviours.
Humanistic Integrative Counselling
I work within a humanistic integrative framework, using elements of different counselling theories to suit your individual needs. Central to the way I work is the relationship between counsellor and client; between you and I. To that end, I offer a free initial telephone consultation to allow a space for you to consider working with me, and review the working relationship between us throughout the counselling process.
Autistic Spectrum Counselling
I offer a Specialist Service as an Autistic Spectrum Counsellor. Having completed comprehensive training with The National Autism Society and BACP I have developed the skills to enable me to provide a more flexible approach to mainstream therapeutic services. My aim is that we work together to identity any adjustments that need to be made to allow you to engage in the counselling process with ease. I hope to create an environment centred around your individual autistic needs to ensure you are comfortable to communicate with me in a way that feels best for you.
- Accredited and Registered Member of British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy, York St. John University
- Graduate Certificate in Counselling, Salford University
- Autism and Eating Disorders Across the Lifespan - Bodywhys
- Working with Race in Short Term Counselling in Higher Education - Birkbeck University
- Safeguarding and managing risk through digital media - BACP
- Autism in Quarantine: Supporting children & young people with ASD during COVID-19 - Emerging Minds
- Relational Depth in Counselling & Psychotherapy, incl. Online - Mick Cooper / OnlinEvents
- Working with Children and Young People Online - OnlinEvents
- Working with difference: use of the ‘cultured self’ - Golnar Bayat, Trainer in Cross Cultural issues
- Understanding Autism, Asperger's & ADHD - University of Derby
- Safeguarding - Leeds College of Music
- Working with Muslim children and young people - BACP Webinar
- Autism and Eating Disorders - The National Autistic Society
- Effective Brief Psychotherapy - Human Givens Academy
- Autism and the SPELL framework - The National Autistic Society
- Grief Works: Stories of Life, Death & Survival - BACP Webinar
Alongside my private practice I am currently employed as a counsellor at Leeds Conservatoire where I deliver one to one counselling appointments to a diverse student body. I have previously worked as a counsellor in a number of different settings, including Place2Be children's counselling, York Women's Counselling, The University of Sheffield and NHS Let's Talk via the Joan Pickard Counselling Centre.